Monday 23 November 2009

I hate this weather!

This weekend i decided to make the duck pond bigger! The weather had other ideas though. (Hubby poorly so i wouldnt let him help)
dug the pond out twice as big as it was! ducks all around me waiting for worms to be thrown! emptied out the old plastic liner with really stinky water in onto the veg patch! cue all ducks having a mud diving competition, whilst their pond was empty i filled a kiddies paddling pool for them to have a play in! so................................. just how many muscovies can you get in there?????



Then the liner went in on Sunday!.......cue more heavy rain! pond was filled.........more rain

I roll up my jeans take off wellies and wade in rather than risking sliding into the pond from the edge whilst setting the stones around the edge!

By this point i was muddy anyway so i rolled my sleeves up and started slapping mud around between the stones etc.
Hubby nearly died when he saw the state of me coming through the conservatory. had to jump straight into the shower.
Rushed back to see what they thought of their new pond and this is what i found...........................?



ungrateful little toads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyway it still needs the turf and gravel around the but got home from work today and this was the scene

Im happy now!!
Really excited as me and my little girl are off to the National poultry show in stoneleigh on Sunday. and the 2 muscovy girls are going to live with a dear freind in Bristol too
Hubby had banned me from buying anything else feathered or furred???? Will just have to hatch me some more next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment